EGG & QUINOA BREAKFAST MUFFINS
Since we have started doing the 80 Day Obsession workout program, we needed to start each morning with a pre-workout meal prior to that early morning workout as part of our Early Bird Club that starts online at 5AM! SO, I needed to get something that I could heat up quickly as soon as I get up in order to have it digest somewhat before working out. ENTER THE EGG CUP! I look forward to 2 of these ever single morning prior to my workouts and they fuel me in order to have the energy to make it through the longer workouts that 80 Day Obsession features. Hope you ENJOY these awesome cups! Let us know what you think.
• 6 eggs
• 1/4 tsp ground pepper
• 1/4 tsp sea salt (Himalayan)
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 bell pepper – diced
• 1/2 onion
• 1 cup baby spinach chopped finely
• 4 strips of turkey bacon (already cooked)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt & pepper. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
(NOTE: For extra flavor if you prefer, sauté the onions, peppers and mushrooms prior!)
3. Spoon into a standard muffin pan lined w/paperliners (or spray w/olive oil for no liners)
4. Sprinkle tops with 1⁄4 cup of cheese.
5. Bake for 20-25 min, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
(Makes 11-12 “cups”) Serving size is 2 cups.