¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp. mango chutney (or pineapple)
1 tbsp. soy sauce (or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
1 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. curry powder
½ tsp. chipotle chili powder
2 tsp minced garlic (in water)
½ apple (your choice), coarsely chopped
1 scallion or chives equivalent, coarsely chopped
1½ lbs. ground turkey
1 tsp. olive oil
4 whole wheat buns, toasted
Healthy Sweet Sauce
- 2 tbs plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Mango Chutney
- 1 tsp Ketchup (low sugar)
- Sprinkle of Chili Powder
1. Process cilantro, chutney, soy sauce, salt, curry powder, chipotle chili powder, garlic, apple and scallion in a food processor until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides as needed.
2. Combine apple mixture and turkey in a large bowl, and mix with hands until thoroughly combined. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, and form each into a loose ball. Pat balls lightly to flatten into ¾-inch-thick patties. Let patties stand at room temperature until they have lost their chill, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, chutney, ketchup and chili powder and mix together until consistent.
4. Heat grill to medium setting. Coat grates with olive oil and add patties. Grill on both sides and a thermometer inserted in center of each patty registers 165°, about 6 minutes per side. Add buns to top of grill for 1 minute to toast. Remove from grill, and serve on buns with Healthy Sweet Sauce and your choice of toppings.
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes